This is the second of a two-part documentation of the seventh year in med school.
I'm reluctant to turn this post into some kind of lazy-ass photo dump, but when you're trapped in a city that's really no good for your writing brain, and said brain's slowly turning to mush from indolence, then you really have no choice. Here's 42 more pictures from the year that was, including some NSFW and never-before-seen ones (but that's really pushing it).
* * * * *
1. This is what your doctors do when they don't have patients. Remember when this was a thing? (Internal Medicine emergency room call room, September 2015).
2. Two from the National Museum: "Mother's Revenge" by José Rizal (terra cotta, 1894); and Manansala's carabaos.
3. More from that Corregidor trip: (top to bottom) the Manila skyline; view of Malinta tunnel from the park behind the Pacific War Memorial; statue of the Buddhist fertility goddess at the Japanese Garden of Peace; making friends.
4. Trying my hand at paparazzi-ing during the premiere of the restored version of "Kakabakaba Ka Ba?" (1980, directed by Mike de Leon and starring Christopher de Leon) at Trinoma.
5. Making fools of ourselves--and damn entertaining ones at that--during the Mr. and Ms. Surgery pageant.
6. More from that La Union trip: (top to bottom) clingy toothbrushing at Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel; roadside garlic to ward off evil; customary stop at the Church of Our Lady of Manaoag in Pangasinan on the way home.
7. More from that Mt. Pamitinan climb: (top to bottom) side trip to Wawa Dam, where a kid shat in the water; Brother Terence and I diggin' those rocks.
8. Pediatrics rotation! (Top to bottom) 3AM at the emergency room triage before leaving for Dinagyang in a few hours; with my stellar service clerks in the wards; while not catching newborn babies ((c) C. Vistal).
9. This is my brother from another mother. This is what he does for leisure.
10. Playing with light at the 2016 Art Fair Philippines.
11. After the Disney-themed "One Night Stand" cabaret, where we used to be regulars, at 12 Monkeys Music Hall and Pub. ((c) C. Vistal)
12. More from the "Les Mis" gala after-party at the Diamond Hotel. There were four Filipina Fantines in that room: Lea Salonga (replacement, 2006 Broadway revival; will next be seen in Atlantis' "Fun Home" in November); Joanna Ampil (replacement, West End original, 2003-2005 & 2007-2008); Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo (1993 Repertory Philippines; will next be seen in Resorts World Manila's "Annie"); and Rachelle Ann Go, who played the role in that production.
13. Putting on our best sober faces at 1AM at The Fort. Check out our balloon-filled ride. ((c) C. Vistal)
14. More from Community: (top to bottom) J and I with our barangay health team; the river, the main attraction of Barangay Lumipa in Bailen, Cavite; J and I celebrating his birthday at the Residence Inn Zoo in Tagaytay (it is no longer worth visiting and should just shut down).
15. The day after the 2016 national elections, we took a wrong turn on our way to Community and found ourselves at the official birthplace of Philippine independence.
16. More from that last hipster trip to Punta Fuego. ((c) C. Vistal)
THE FOLLOWING POST MAY BE NSFW.
17. Diagnosis: Abortion, early, septic, induced. s/p spontaneous passage of products of conception.
18. More from our fake graduation (a.k.a. the university graduation) at the Philippine International Convention Center. With some of the people who matter.
19. After the Sunog-Puri ceremonies, which we headed. Damn evil fun, it was.
20. More from the grad ball, including us hangin' out at the posh women's comfort room.
21. Finally, at the college graduation in UP Diliman. This was during the singing of our class song, which more than half of us no longer memorized.